Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Packing, The Adventure


       Just for the record, it is not fun to try to fit four months of clothes and supplies for multiple climates into one medium-sized suitcase, a small backpack, and a larger backpack. We narrowed everything down to the absolute bare bones before trying to put it into the suitcase, but even then it all didn't fit. We're also stuck with what we have because I can only take one suitcase and the blizzard prevents us from going out and buying anything larger. Note to self: Next time, start packing earlier.

      It took myself and my parents an hour of tense discussion, negotiations, and moving stuff around before we finally managed to get everything into the suitcase. I won't have much room at all to bring home souvenirs, unfortunately, but on the plus side, a portable luggage scale is turning out to be one of my most-used and practical Christmas presents.
     I really shudder at the thought of having to pack and unpack as much as I'm going to on this trip.

   
  Four months of supplies and the empty suitcase before any attempts at packing 


Everything in the suitcase and backpack, at last. The suitcase weighs about forty pounds and the backpack weighs a little more than twenty.

1 comment:

  1. I knew you'd be able to fit it all in there! It's a miracle suitcase =)

    ReplyDelete