Tuesday, February 22, 2011

All Better!

     I'm healthy again! I was back to normal by Saturday afternoon, thanks to three days of antibiotics. Some other members of the group are also having stomach problems, but nobody else has been lucky enough to get the fever/stomach combo that I did.
     Of course, this morning I hit my hand on the low-ceiling fan in my hotel room and wound up with a great slice across my knuckle. I just can't quite stay healthy anymore here. This also brings up another point about India, which is size.
     I'm just too big for India. My feet almost always stick off the end of beds and I seem to hit my head on everything in this country, such as doorways, bus tops, roofs of the tiny cars, and low-hanging things in hallways. I still haven't seen anybody taller than me and I usually tower a good head above everybody else in a crowd except Tom from the group, who's about an inch shorter than me. Apparently one of the faculty members saw a group of Indian guys who were taller than me, but I haven't seen anything for myself yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment