Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sick


         I finally got sick. I came down with a fever Tuesday morning and went home to rest. I slept most of the day, but felt pretty awful at night. Yesterday morning I felt a lot better, but I don’t think I’m quite in the clear yet. I didn’t go to class in order to rest. On Saturday, we’re leaving as a group for a five-day visit to rural India and then our week-long vacation starts when we get back, so I want to be well rested and healthy for those. I haven’t had access to a thermometer, but my mom said that whenever I have a fever that reaches 102 and above I throw up, so since I didn’t throw up the fever probably wasn’t that bad. I can’t pinpoint how I got sick because it feels like pretty anything I touch, eat, or breathe in India could make me sick.
            Yesterday I also started having diarrhea and stomach pains, so today I came to class to see the doctor. He put me on antibiotics, advil, and tums for three days and diagnosed me with a bacterial infection, probably from some bad food. I’ve been resting and sleeping the whole day and hopefully the antibiotics will start working soon.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon, Nathan! Take care of yourself, and enjoy the rest of your time in Channai. I would send you a care package with some steaks but... feel like that might be a little sketchy/unhygienic... :)

    ReplyDelete